Are you ready for the best spinning reel ever created? Fishing for hard hitting, line burning thugs such as GTs, Tuna and Marlin? Look no further than a Stella SW.
Even in today’s modern age, threadline reels continue to push the boundaries and break the rules of fishing theory and tradition. Pushing those boundaries to the edge – Shimano’s Stella series has always been a leader, not a follower.
The Stella SW (salt water) is the pinnacle of saltwater fishing reels. Combining over 80 years of engineering research and technological advances this range of offshore fishing reels set the benchmark for the top of the line, saltwater reels.
There are six models to the range and are perfectly suited for everything from popping and saltwater jigging to game fishing or offshore fishing. So what is that makes the Stella SW so stella? Precision engineering excellence and a lifetime worth of experience in producing the most state of the art fishing equipment. There are no many threadline reels that can produce drag pressures in excess of 20kg with enough low-down torque to hustle massive gamefish….and still maintain an inexplicably smooth, fluid-like operation.
Shimano engineers also managed to masterfully maintain the trademark operational smoothness of each reel yet still gain a significant increase in gear durability. This enhancement was to be called Paladin – featuring a cold-forged main gear and stainless steel pinion. Even more impressive is the fact that each model has received a decrease in overall weight which equals greater and more comfortable fishability.
Another essential component of the Stella SW is the Propulsion Line Management system, putting an end to virtually all line twist and wind knot issues – Propulsion Spool Lip with exclusive anti-scratch coating, ultra tough SR One-Piece Bail system, SR Arm Cam, redesigned Bail Trip and Power Roller IV with over-flange for the ultimate in line protection.
SW Concept provides a water resistant body and hyper disk drag (twin disk on 18000 & 20000), Assist Stopper (except 5000) and light-weight ergonomic handles. All models feature a stopperless design, Fluidrive II, Dyna-Balance and aluminium frame, rotor and sideplate.
Model Capacity Ratio Drag
STL5000SW 240m/PE3 6.2-1 13kg
STL8000SW 250m/PE5 5.6-1 25kg
STL8000SW-PG 250m/PE5 4.9-1 25kg
STL10000SW 250m/PE6 5.8-1 23kg
STL18000SW 300m/PE8 5.7-1 25kg
STL20000SW 350m/PE10 4.4-1 25kg
- Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement with Low Wear Rate Pinion Gear
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller IV Oversized Roller with Overflange for the Ultimate in Line Protection, Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam
- Aero Wrap II Oscillation
- Cold Forged Aluminum Spool: Proprietary Coating on Spool Lip is harder than a Ti coated Stainless Steel Spool Lip, Ceramic Coating on entire spool for extreme corrosion resistance
- Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) Coating on Line Roller
- SW Concept: Sw-Water Resistant Body, SW-Hyper Disk Drag (Twin Disk on 18000 & 20000 sizes), SW-Assist Stopper (except 5000 size), SW-Water Proof Drag, SW-Lightweight Ergonomic Handle Grips prevent premature bail trip
- SR Concept: SR-Balanced Body, SR-Slider, SR-3BB Oscillation, SR-Handle, SR-3-D Gear Design, SR-Floating Shaft, SR-Rigid Support System
- S Concept: S-Rotor, S-Guard, S-Shield Roller Clutch, S-Arm Cam
- S A-RB Bearings (Shielded A-RB)
- Twin Bearing Drag
- Super Stopper II
- Stopperless Design (No Anti-Reverse Switch)
- Septon Handle Grip
- Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In Handle Attachment)
- Fluidrive II
- Maintenance Port
- Aluminium Frame, Sideplate & Rotor
Current Reviews: 0
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 21 May, 2012.